William McCormack Place Stage 1
The first stage of this Cairns-based project was Australia’s first office building to achieve a 5-star ABGR Energy rating.
This was achieved through correct orientation, careful façade design, sun-shading, and an innovative, efficient floor-plan. Working closely with services and structural consultants, excellent results were achieved on time and within budget.
Awards garnered include:
- Australia’s First Commercial Office Building to achieve 5 Stars, Australian Building Greenhouse Rating
- FM Environmental Achievement Award (2004), FMA SEDA
- Environmental Development Award (2004), Australian Property Institute of Queensland
- High Commendation, Rider Hunt Award (2004), Property Council of Australia
- Innovation and Creativity Award (2004), Department of Public Works
- Date : 2001-2002 18 months
- Responsible Staff : Stuart Withrington, Carlo Amerio
- Reference : Name: Alan Jankoviak,
Position: Project Services
Phone / email: (07) 4039-8557
- Construction Cost : $20m